Responsible Serving® of Alcohol
Oregon Responsible Serving® of Alcohol Information
Do you need to get your / OLCC alcohol server education service permit ?
Earn your Oregon OLCC alcohol server education service permit (commonly called: "Oregon bartender license") by completing the Responsible Serving® of Alcohol Course for Oregon.
Oregon Responsible Serving® of Alcohol Course Approval
To obtain an OLCC Service Permit in Oregon, just complete these two steps:
- Complete an OLCC approved server education training course. Click the Add to Cart button on the right to get started.
- Take the exam on the OLCC Alcohol Service Permit Portal and apply for an OLCC alcohol service permit using their web portal.
This application must be completed prior to the first day that you mix, sell or serve alcohol and mailed to the OLCC by end of the next business day.
NOTE: If you work in a grocery store or another off-premises establishment and part of your duties involve filling growlers, you need a valid OLCC Alcohol Service Permit. Complete the two steps above to obtain your permit.
Employers receive discount pricing.
Do you need an alcohol server permit?
Are you a:
waiter / waitress
or a server ?
Then, this course is for you.
of Alcohol Course
Or purchase in bulk
with an employer account $5.95
Rserving's online alcohol server training teaches
responsible alcohol serving techniques.
This course teaches you:
state laws regarding alcohol service
how to recognize fake IDs
techniques for providing a safe environment for your customers
Click the add to cart button below and proceed to the checkout to get signed up. You will be emailed a username/password to login and begin.
Oregon Liquor Control Commission Approved
Related Courses for Oregon:
What is the minimum age to sell/serve alcohol in Oregon?
The minimum age to sell and serve alcohol in Oregon is 18.
The Oregon Liquor Control Commission Alcohol Server Education StaffThe agency that handles Oregon liquor licensing and/or bartender licensing rules and regulations in Oregon is The Oregon Liquor Control Commission Alcohol Server Education Staff. The contact information for The Oregon Liquor Control Commission Alcohol Server Education Staff is listed below. You can contact them to verify that online server certification (bartender license) can be obtained in Oregon. We have also listed that information where applicable.
The Oregon Liquor Control Commission Alcohol Server Education Staff
Telephone: (800) 452-6522 ext. 25133/25114
Telephone: (503) 872-5133 or 503-872-5114
Bartending License, OLCC alcohol server education service permit regulations for sellers and servers in Oregon
- OR 3rd Party Liability Laws: Yes
- OR Happy Hour Laws: The State of Oregon does not have state-wide Happy Hour Prohibitions. Such laws may exist in your city or county. Check with your local jurisdiction for any restrictions.
Can bartenders in OR work as a bartender with a felony conviction?
Yes with restrictions.
OLCC may deny your permit if you have:
Felony drug or felony crimes of violence* convictions
- 1 conviction if the incident occurred within 2 years of the date of your application.
- 2 or more convictions if two of the incidents occurred within 4 years of the date of your application.
*Crimes which threaten, or cause, or attempt to cause physical injury or harm to another person. Some examples are murder, rape, assault, sodomy, armed robbery, etc.
DUII or furnishing alcohol to minors, diversions or convictions
- 2 or more diversions or convictions if two of the incidents occurred within 4 years of the date of your application.
A combination of diversions or convictions
- 4 or more DUII, furnishing, or felony drug or crime of violence convictions if all of the incidents occurred within 10 years and one incident or arrest was within 2 years of the date of your application.
If you are unsure whether you would qualify for a service permit, you can contact the OLCC at 503-872-5127 to discuss your situation with the staff who oversee background checks for service permit applicants.